- The significant negative impact the night time economy can have on residents living near and on the A10
- Problems with specific venues that repeatedly breach the terms of their license, or planning conditions.
- A licensing process that is often intimidating for residents
- Concerns about the effectiveness of enforcement activities
- Lack of consistency between planning and licensing processes
- The High Street and part of Church Street is classified as a district centre
- Parts of Stoke Newington Road and Church Street are classified as local centres
No Special Policy Area was being proposed for Stoke Newington at the moment as the evidence from crime reports is not sufficient at the moment to support this.
Despite the announcement today it is still worth responding to the consultation before 14th August, and stressing what difference you think the borough wide hours policy might make. The results will be analysed and help to inform the next steps.
The consultation is here and the deadline is 14th August.