Proposals for a 20mph zone and streetscene improvements were consulted on last year, and the majority of comments were in favour (full response online here.)
Works will start mid January and take approximately 8 weeks to complete. Please avoid parking in the area of the works, which will be clearly marked with signs, cones and barriers. The works will include:
- A new 20mph Zone bordered by the Stoke Newington gyratory (the gyratory itself will not form part of the zone).
- New road humps on Glading Terrace, Bately Road, Hollar Road, Tyssen Road, Evering Road, Brooke Road and Lawrence Buildings
- New zone entry/exit signs provided at the zone border.
- 20mph carriageway markings provided at all entrances to the new zone.
- New raised entry treatments at the junctions with Manse Road/Evering Road, Bayston Road/Evering Road and Darville Road/Evering Road.
This is good news - the last area in our ward to be made into a 20mph zone, with additional measures to help address some of the issues residents have experienced with rat running in the area.