Applications are now being invited for the Council's 2012/13 programme. Organisations can bid for Small Grants (up to £7,000), Holiday Playscheme Grants (up to £10,000) and Main Grants (up to £50,000).
Organisations receiving funding under this programme have demonstrated how their projects and programmes deliver one or more of the seven objectives in Hackney's Sustainable Community Strategy. These are
- Reduce poverty by supporting residents into sustainable employment, and promoting employment opportunities.
- Help residents to become better qualified and raise educational aspirations. Ensure the educational improvement of Hackney's children and young people is excellent.
- Promote health and wellbeing for all and support independent living.
- Make the borough safer, and help people feel safe in Hackney.
- Promote mixed communities in well-designed neighbourhoods, where people can access high quality, affordable housing.
- Be a sustainable community, where all citizens take pride in and take care of Hackney and its environment, for future generations.
- Provision of Holiday Play Schemes.
More information about the grants and application process is online here.