Hackney Council is consulting on its Library Strategy for 2011-2015. Full details of the consultation are available here.
The consultation is asking for your views on libraries in the Borough, and in particular on opening times across the 8 libraries and the range of services provided at each location.
Hackney will be keeping all 8 of its libraries open - in the face of huge funding cuts from central Government - and opening hours across the Borough will remain some of the longest in the country.
In terms of changes to Stoke Newington Library, the Council is proposing to slightly amend opening hours so that it remains open at the times that are most useful to our residents. This proposal is based on evidence gathered on the use of the library.
The proposed opening hours are show below against the current opening hours, which are shown in brackets:
- Monday: 10am - 8pm (current opening hours are 9am - 8pm)
- Tuesday: 10am - 8pm (9am - 8pm)
- Wednesday: 10am - 8pm (9am - 6pm)
- Thursday: 10am - 8pm (9am - 8pm)
- Friday: 10am - 6pm (10am - 8pm)
- Saturday: 10am - 5pm (9am - 5pm)
- Sunday: 1pm - 5pm (1pm - 5pm)
If you have any comments on this on any other aspect of the Library Strategy do not hesitate to contact us. The consultation closes on 27th June 2011.