At the last Stoke Newington Neighbourhood Forum residents received an update from the Anti Social Behaviour Team at the Council on what the Council and partners have been doing to help minimise the impact that prostitution can have on those living nearby; to prosecute kerb crawlers; and help find ways off the street for prostitutes.
The report highlighted that:
- calles have dropped in the Shacklewell Lane area in recent months
- some physical measures have been introduced - gates, lighting and mobile CCTV
- New 'Enforcement and support' orders are being used
- Vice operations are taking place with kerb crawlers being charged or required to take part in a diversionary course
- Open Doors continue to work with women to get them engaged with support services