- licensing issues on the High Street
- Anti social behaviour on Smalley Road estate
- Drug dealing and prostitution on Somerford Estate and surrounding areas
We are receiving an increasing number of complaints about venues and it can be a long process to get action taken where venues are breaching the terms of their license. Many venues work constructively with local residents to try and address noise concerns, but this is not always the case.
One source of frustration is that residents have often not been informed about what happens after they complained about a venue and the Licensing department has now reviewed their procedures to make sure that regular updates are sent out.
It was also pointed out that the main problems for residents are knowing who to complain to, knowing how to complain to and knowing when to complain.
We were told that if you are disturbed by a venue and suspect that it might be in breach of its conditions it is important to complain (however many times) so these are investigated and logged.
The contact details are below:
- Licensing: 020 8356 4970 or email@example.com
- Pollution Team: 020 8356 4455 or firstname.lastname@example.org or via an online form here