As well as the motion on the Mayor of London's fare increases, there was the usual opportunity at Full Council on Wednesday for backbench councillors to ask the Mayor and the Cabinet questions.
A few of the issues that were raised included:
- Confirmation that the Mayor and Cabinet have agreed plans to freeze council tax in Hackney for the fifth year in a row
- Hackney Council has made £46m of efficiency savings - the highest in London and the third highest in the country. This has been achieved with no cuts to frontline services.
- Reassurance from the Mayor that freezing council tax does not mean a cut to vital local services - contrasting with other London boroughs like Hammersmith and Fulham where a cut in council tax meant that youth service budgets were slashed and services like garden waste collection were scrapped
- Hackney has the most affordable and extensive range of wormeries and compost bins available in England (find out more here)
- The Safer Neighbourhood Teams in Hackney are signed up to a pledge to respond to your calls within 24 hours